[Coco] FD ROM Images

Bill Gunshannon billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Mon Mar 25 16:32:49 EDT 2013

> Bill,
>
> I'm really not following your questions. Sorry they aren't making sense to
> me.

Me neither.  :-)

> 99% of the sIDEs go out of C-9 with the same configuration. This is a
> baseline configuration and has everything you need to make your own custom
> boot if so desired.

I assumed that and had it up to the point of having NitrOS9 on a
40M hard disk with a bunch of Floppy images for Basic as well.

> With that said, I would image the CF first, get another CF and play with
> it. You are in advanced kernel and partition management.

I am trying to do this without the CF as I prefer real disks and in
order to have both a Master and a Slave no CF.  Right?

> Have you read HDB-DOS, SuperDriver manuals? Then read again and again...

And again and again and again.  :-)

> So for the CF you are not using...not sure why but

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I prefer real disks.  And I am not sure
where CF stands now as far as maximum number of writes.

>                                                   ....It is set to boot
> from a LBA master at some offset.

I thought when you use it the CF is Master?

>                                   Sake of getting it wrong here, it was in
> the documentation that came with the sIDE. HDB-DOS is top down, NitrOS-9
> is bottoms up with a small partition in the middle that is unused in the
> memory allocation.......

I eventually figured that out.  I tried using bigger disks originally
and had a lot of problems until I determined what the disk size limit
was.

> If you don't understand any of this then you better, stop and read the
> manuals.

Well, the installing NitrOS9 doc seemed to work really well, but I am
having problems with the sIDE doc.  :-)

I do appreciate all the help.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.