[Coco] FD ROM Images

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Mon Mar 25 15:52:16 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Bill Gunshannon <billg999 at cs.uofs.edu>wrote:

> What image do I need to put HDB-DOS with support for my Cloud9
> IDE and DriveWire4 into my Floppy Cartridge and where might I
> find such image?  Or do I need to make a custom one that matches
> my hard disk?  And, if so, how do I add DriveWire4 to that image?

If you are using the SuperIDE it has 3 ROM banks filled.  One with a HDBDOS
configured for a 128MB CF card, one HDBDOS configured for 256MB CF card,
and the last one is a HDBDOS that is configured for DW3.  Now this should
be correct unless you reconfigured the flash in the SuperIDE.

Now there is a program on your disks that you can extract the ROM image
from the SuperIDE and then in turn use that image to burn a EPROM for use
in a compatible floppy controller.

There should be more information in your manual for the SuperIDE about
these steps and programs.