[Coco] Mastering OS-9 on the Tandy Color Computer

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Mar 22 22:36:34 EDT 2013

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:16:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bill Pierce<ooogalapasooo at aol.com>

I've looked at 3 different scans by 3 different people and "Day 10" is missing from all. Is it a possibility that "Day 10" was just on the accompanying disks as a project?
I guess the real book would have to be checked, it may be a publishing error

Anyone got a copy of "Mastering OS-9 on the Tandy Color Computer" ? (the real book)
Also ask Frank Swygert... he did a reprint of it.

This is Frank Swygert. As far as I can tell "Day 10" is missing, and it should have been a "real" chapter, not just something on the disk. Even if it had been, there would have been text saying so. I noticed that the page numbers are all off as well. Whoever did the scan apparently "cleaned it up" when converting to PDF and it screwed all the page numbering up and skipped some pages. I have no idea who scanned it, but the three scans on the list archive site (ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/MANUALS/OS/OS9/) are pretty much the same, just minor differences (maybe different PDF conversion settings?).

I no longer have the original material. Tony Podraza may know where it is, I'm pretty sure I turned it over to him (well, the Glenside CoCo Club) with all my other stuff. I'm not sure it's in a form he can read it -- it would have been done on Adobe PageMaker, either PM4 or PM5. I can read PM5 files, would have to jump through a hoop or two to read a PM4 file now (would have to install PM4 or PM5 -- PM will only read and convert one version older). I think I gave Tony a copy of PM5 as well, don't recall now. If someone gets a copy of the PM file(s) from him and gets them to me I should be able to make a PDF copy directly from them rather than a cleaned up scan. If Day 10 is missing form the originals it's just gone...

ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/MANUALS/OS/OS9/