[Coco] Introducing the next generation of Color Computer, the CoCo-X

Wed Mar 20 22:32:55 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark McDougall" <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Introducing the next generation of Color Computer, the
CoCo-X

> On 21/03/2013 6:44 AM, Frank Pittel wrote:
>
>> Also the "cheap" hdmi to dvi converters are actually expensive!
>> Another interesting thing I discoverd is that not all converters work
>> with all monitors and some monitors don't work with hdmi converted to
>> dvi period!
>
> Interesting. DVI should be electrically compatible with HDMI and
> converters are nothing more than 2 connectors wired back-to-back. You just
> need to make sure that (a) the DVI signal is actually DVI-D and (b) the
> converter matches your signal type (single/dual link etc).

Except, Hollywood has FORBID some things to be built.

It took several messages to finally get a person who was insisting that
there was no reason a product could not be built to understand that any
company starting producing the product would be shut down by the lawyers.

You are thinking like that person, build it and you lose everything you have
or ever will have.

Search for "high-bandwidth digital copy protection (HDCP)".

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/hdmi1.htm

SHF