[Coco] XRoar Windows 8 64-Bit

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 08:27:47 EDT 2013

OK so every thing is clear on what I am doing:

1) xroar in C:\XROAR
2) I place the roms in the XROAR directory
3) commands I am using to start xroar (XX is replaced by version number
from 4 below):
        xroar -machine cocous -basXX.rom -kbd-translate
        xroar -machine cocous -basXX.rom -extbas extbasXX.rom -kbd-translate
4) rom filenames:
        Color Basic 1.0 - bas10.rom
        Color Basic 1.1 - bas11.rom
        Color Basic 1.2 - bas12.rom
        Color Basic 1.3 - bas13.rom
        Ext Color Basic 1.0 - extbas10.rom
        Ext Color Basic 1.1 - extbas11.rom
        Disk Basic 1.0 - disk10.rom
        Disk Basic 1.1 disk11.rom

5)  The following will work ONLY if it is the only ROM in the XROAR
directory (These are from my first source of ROMS):
     Color Basic 1.1
     Color Basic 1.2
     Color Basic 1.3

6) With ROMS from a second source, (bas13.rom, extbas11.rom, and disk11.rom
in the XROAR directory) no matter what command I type I get Disk Extended
basic 1.1
7) If I remove Disk11.rom from directory extended basic 1.1 work, and if I
remove extbas11.rom from directory color basic 1.3 works

I have a sneaking suspission the ROMs from the first source are flakey, or
corrupt.