[Coco] XRoar Accuracy (was: Introduction)

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Sat Mar 9 16:15:50 EST 2013

Torsten Dittel wrote:
> Ciaran Anscomb writes:
>
> > http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/pal_coco_probe/ PAL-patched Dragonfire is go
>
> Awesome! I haven't seen this intro screen for some 27 years or so. I should
> dig out my other PAL demos / intros now, finally I could show this to someone
> (and if it is just for emulator stress testing ;-)).

Be interesting to see any other demos you have around, certainly!

I kept coming back to this patched game...  Whenever I tweaked a timing,
I'd fire it up again just to see it it had any effect.  It was only
today I bothered to get everything out and actually find out what was
going on :)

> Strange enough, the blue line is shown twice in this IMAGIC logo (
> http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/pal_coco_probe/pal-dragonfire-1.png ).
>
> I would have bet, sweared etc. that I could show all 11 possible CoCo2 colors
> here: the standard 9 black, "buff"(=white), red, green, blue, yellow, cyan,
> magenta, orange plus the "dark green" and "brown" from the inverted text
> modes (not in that order). So one of the blue lines should have been "dark
> green".

Well, I've just pushed it out to my real PAL CoCo and...  and I can't
say anything about it I'm afraid, the telly I've got access to is awful.
It's just a dotted line...  It's an LCD TV that does a whole bunch of
processing on the image that I can't find a way to turn off.

> What do I need to download & run to see this on a W32 (Windows XP) machine? I
> saw your tmp/xroar folder, but there are a several executables in it.

Try xroar-snap-20130309-w32.zip.  That's the one that just uses SDL and
has all the libraries it needs packaged with it.  The GTK+ binary in
the same directory needs a whole pile of other stuff to get going.

Then feed it some ROMs...

..ciaran