[Coco] OT: FPGA Guys out there

Adam Green adamgrym at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 19:23:03 EST 2013

<<quote Louis Ciotti>>
Short of spending $$ on a course can someone recommend some reading
material to get a true beginner of using FPGAs up to speed and
programming/making useful things with them?
<</quote>>

I have purchased a number of books related to FPGAs in the past but most of them were a waste.  The one I found really useful for learning Verilog and/or VHDL was "Digital Design and Computer Architecture" by David and Sarah Harris.  It uses Verilog and VHDL to explain computer architecture, MIPS mostly.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Design-Computer-Architecture-Edition/dp/0123944244

-Adam