[Coco] ArduinoCoCo

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Sat Mar 2 17:08:01 EST 2013

Allen,

While benchmarking several new designs at Cloud-9....This is VERY true.

A $5.00 uC can take a Windows machine to it's knees. With that said, depends on what you are trying to do.

I was looking at bandwidth...How fast can we go. This was under XP Pro and not sure what / if that is different under Win7/8 ATM.

Anything above 230.4k became problematic. Since the the AVRs I was testing are capable of a 1M baud, you would need a special card like a RocketPort to keep up with the chip.

You really need to watch what drivers/receivers you are using when you start to go fast. Most don't have the bandwidth.

Now we did determine that we could do sustained xfers at 130Kbytes per second under our test case. :) Now that is BYTES not BITS! :)

Smok'in that is all I can say.

Regards,

Mark
http://www.cloud9tech.com