[Coco] So is this a G board?

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Fri Jun 28 10:40:36 EDT 2013

Referring to old memories; I have two "F"/285 board grey cased CoCo 1s.  the
early ones often locked up and needed a cold restart each time.  My second
"F"/285 had the "fix" and was OK with most software, but I seem to recall it
had issues with some OS-9 software.  My fix at the time was to use a CoCo 2B
at that station.  IIRC; both "F"/285 board CoCo 1s are somewhere in my
midden heap, but available time to root them out and "play" with them is in
short supply.

Further recollections; My "E" board CoCo was rock solid in spite of the
abuse I heaped upon it as I learned.  CoCo 2s and 3s tended to be solid
performers as well.  The early "F"/285 boards had some problems and I am not
convinced the "fix" addressed them all.

FWIW; I have possessed almost every version of CoCo from the "D" board
through the CoCo 3 except the TDP-100 accumulating almost 4 dozen CoCos
before I moved in 2004.  I shed myself of a few of them before and since
moving.  I have seen two samples of the rare 64k satellite board for the
CoCo 2A & B variants.  The only CoCos I had any significant problems with
were the "F"/285 board units.

Bruce W.