[Coco] HDBDOS to disk

Bill cwgordon at carolina.rr.com
Fri Jun 21 14:01:33 EDT 2013

Here is my equip list:

I have a Coco1, 64K. It has a very strange keyboard w/F1, F2, F3, and F4
keys on it. It has a toggle switch and a push button on the upper right
corner of the keyboard (picture at http://www.sq1bbs.com/coco1.jpg). The
on/off switch is broken off, and I have to use a stick/pencil to turn it on
and off. I'm using a old Radio Shack cassette (not one made for the Coco).

I have a Coco2, 64k. It is also "non-virgin", but I don't see any problems
with it (yet). I have a "MiniDrive" that looks just like a #26-1164A. The
label on the back is gone so I cannot say for sure that it is that model.
With it, I have a floppy disk controller #26-3029. It appears to have been
UNOPENED (unless someone pulled the label back, tinkered, and put it back).

Someone was kind enough to donate to me three 26-3008 joysticks and a
cassette cable (for which I'm very greatful).

I still have some software I used to use on the Coco3 I USED TO HAVE. It
does seem damaged, though, because it was put away carelessly when I got
sick.

Right now, I'm using the Coco1 in the house to "tinker with". The Coco2 is
in the 'storage room/shop' outside in one of our storage buildings.

Oh, and I also have a DriveWire cable and a USB to Serial converter. With
it, I am able to access my PC where all of my .dsk files are stored. I
scrounged around and found over 1700 various .DSK files and 60 or so ROM
files. (All my files are available for download at
http://www.sq1bbs.com/cocofiles) I honestly don't know which ones are good
or not, but they are there. Help yourself!!