[Coco] sidewalk with Linux

Mike Rowen mike at bcmr3.net
Tue Jun 18 21:52:51 EDT 2013

Has anyone successfully used sidewalk under Linux? I copied a SuperIDE CF
card via dd and tried to open the image in sidewalk, but it reports
"Archive type not supported". Same thing happens when attempting to access
the CF directly. Here is what Linux (CentOS 6.3) shows for the device:

Disk /dev/sdb: 256 MB, 256901120 bytes
8 heads, 62 sectors/track, 1011 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 496 * 512 = 253952 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xffffffff

I understand that this has mostly been used from Windows. If anyone has
used it under Linux, any tips appreciated. I would like to be able to
browse CF backup images if not directly manipulate them. Thanks!

Cheers,
-Mike Rowen