[Coco] CoCo monstrosity |was: [OT] Atari 8-bit video card

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 17 23:43:45 EDT 2013

On 18/06/2013 1:23 PM, Andrew wrote:

> I think if I were going to do something like this - that is, interface
> something to the CoCo bus to generate video - rather than an FPGA, I think
> I would actually go for something like an ATMega644, ala Uzebox.

Not to poo-poo your idea, but in this regard I'm kind-of with Steve. If
you're going to off-load your graphics to another system, then to my way
of thinking you're really just connecting another computer to the Coco for
the sake of it. At what point does it cease being a Coco - even in spirit
- and become something else entirely?

Anyway, we've been down this path dozens of times before, and your idea is
no more "correct" or "wrong" than mine or any other; each to his/her own.

Regards,