[Coco] NitrOS9 and B&B XT-RTC

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Mon Jun 17 22:22:48 EDT 2013

Bob,

Superdriver docs will explain the HDB-DOS partition access.

As it is not impossible to do with out a floppy, it GETS VERY ADVANCED quick. I recommended a DW cable as well but the customer knew better than I and didn't want to force a sale....Later on o na follow up order he then changed his mind.....Water over the dam. He had never even had a CoCo before and was expecting to build a boot 10 minutes into it. Not realistic.

The CDF issue caught us by surprise and Chris was quick to address. I will speak to Boisy on this.

I use VED, hands down, very good, the best???? YMMV I haven't purchased any from Bob in many years and now are out. So maybe he will release, don't know. Free tools get you so far, or write your own....by the time you are done you forgot why you wrote it in the first place, it seems. :)

Luis has done some really GREAT work in this area. He started out at ground level and now....I think he's got it. :)

Some of this is our fault as the docs might lean toward expert level. By the time we get to writing the docs, I am WAY beyond wanting the project to be over........I dislike to write....it isn't easy for me. I can do it but I would rather design hardware. Something on my next release will try and do a better job. I do believe that SuperDriver and HDB-DOS are very well done...... :)

Anyway so many hours in the day and I am working on the next generation product. Makes our current product line look slow.......Quite a learning curve so lots of time in databooks......and test code.

Regards,

Mark
http://www.cloud9tech.com