[Coco] I'm Lost, Part deux

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 14:40:16 EDT 2013

Thanks for the assistance on my original post. I had totally forgotten
the POKE to switch to slot4 (the FDC).
I modified the autoexec.bas file to add that additional capability, and
all works perfectly.
Now, another question.
I have used Aaron's SIDEWalk utility to copy and save the CF image. But
what I want to do is to copy that saved image to another FD card.
The 256mg CF cards I bought from Amazon already have a FAT filesystem on
them, and SIDEWalk doesn't seem to recognize it.
What I specifically mean is:
On an Windows XP system, inserting the new CF card, mounts the drive as
drive E:
Looking at the properties of drive E:, it show as a FAT filesystem with
~240mg available
Launching SIDEWalk I can 'load' the previously saved image file.
When I then try to select the new CF card, I can see it in the dialog
box, select it and even try to open it, but after trying to read the
HBDDOS drives, the open screen exits with the CF options of SIDEWalk
greyed out
When I open the CF image file and do not also try to open the new CF
card, the CF device options in SIDEWalk are greyed out

So how do I get a FAT formatted CF card to be able to be used in
SIDEWalk, so as to write to it a previously save image?

Thanks