[Coco] OT - The "other" American music - morphed from New Game Development Blog

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jun 11 09:39:11 EDT 2013

Chester, thanks for changing the Subject... I was going to but forgot and hit send...

Personally, I prefer Al Dimeola and Paco D'Luca. And I'd rather hear both on acoustic... Nylon string in particular. John McLaughlin thrown in the mix makes it interesting for sure. I also like what the Head Hunters did after Herbie Hancock left and went solo.
Back in the 70s when I was cutting my teeth on guitar strings, I too was a Hendrix fan, but it was Ritchie Blackmore that inspired me to buy my first Fender Stratocaster. That was my main [electric] guitar for almost 20 years until I bought an Ibanez RG-7 7-string in the 90s for playing more "modern" rock in the band I was in at the time. My old strat has been retired to the case now, until I get enough finances for a refret job as the frets are almost worn flat. I now use a mexican made Strat (HSS) and a hot rodded "Best Buy" Gibson by Baldwin SG ($149). My acoustics of choice at moment, are a Chet Atkins model Nylon string solid body electric, an Alverez 12-string and an Epiphone PR-5e 6 string.
I don't play so much now as carpel tunnel hits after about 30 mins and I loose my grip. My studio has become my passion and makin my Coco a part of it has fullfiled a dream from the 80s.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com