[Coco] Interesting developments with decode

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 17:20:26 EDT 2013

I had the opportunity today to spend a few hours working with decode. I have my MESS emulation setup on my ext USB drive. I ran it on a Win XP SP2 box. These machines were donated to LSS some time ago, and they are used to teach the uninitiated the rudimentary use of a computer and accessing the Internet.

My emulation is set to use the Disto rtc emulation. When the time reached noon, the rtc in mess decided it was after midnight, and displayed the time as 24:02 after I killed the program and started the emulation over.

As I was running decode on the mailimport procedure in RiBBS I noticed an error in parsing. After it finished, I looked through the  source output file and found a second parsing error.

I don't think the XP box was involved, though it is a coincidence that both happened so close together in time.

I am working to locate and squash these bugs. I will update the decode.os9 image and report here when it's done.

The url is: http://www.cococoding.com/wayne

Wayne