[Coco] CoCo Linux Live CD on Android

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jun 6 11:49:37 EDT 2013

On Thursday 06 June 2013 11:45:24 Bill Pierce did opine:

> Gene,
> I was just quoting the website. I didn't think BT would travel that far.
> It also stated "line of site", so I guess your floor would break the
> line of site LOL For my purposes, it would only need about 3-4 feet if
> even that far. It's more for the connection than the wireless function.
> The Android has only a mini usb used for battery charger and PC
> tethering and limited software for "real" usb functionality so plugging
> the serial into that wouldn't work (unless someone has an app...). The
> bluetooth connection works for the data conversion needed to connect
> and communicate to/from the phone and Coco serial. My Motorola "Droid"
> has:

The USB connectors come in 2 flavors, the 4 pin mini which has no power,
and the 6 pin which can serve as either a charger connector or supply a
limited, typically 100 ma or less, amount of 5 volt power for accessories.

The coco's bit banger port, unless rewired, and the coco had 5 volts to
spare (it doesn't) would best be thought of as a 4 pin port, no power.

> Video: HD 1080p quality (1920x1080) TFT LCD 16m colors
> Sound: Full stereo play & record (dual mics) with SRS capability
> Wifi
> Bluetooth
> Micro usb, HDMI micro
> Full backlit QWERTY keyboard (slide out tray)
> Touch keyboard (screen)
> Touch screen
> Dual core 1.2ghz, dual channel ram processor
> 16g internal ram
> 16g micro sd card
> WLAN
> 8 MP camera on back, 1.3 mp camera on front
> (much more)
>
> And it all runs on a Linux based OS in about a 4 x 3.25 in package!
> I think it could handle a DriveWire server AND a Coco emulator with no
> problems Hell, it's more powerfull than the desktop computer I was
> running before I got this monster for the studio and has some
> capabilties that even this machine can't top without exspensive add-on
> cards.
>
> Bill Pierce
> Co-Webmaster of The TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)