[Coco] CoCo Linux Live CD on Android

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 08:50:17 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 June 2013 04:38:42 Bill Pierce did opine:
>
>> Ok, I found the bluetooth to db9 adapter online in most parts stores.
>> Averaging from $30 - $50
>> Range of about 300 ft
>
> 300 feet isn't bluetooth.  My coco3 is about 18 feet away, thru the wooden
> floor in the basement.  Its works about 30 seconds & gives up using Rogers
> bluetooth rs-232 cartridge with a bluetooth dongle plugged into an
> extension cable and jury rigged in the focal point of a 10" alu trouble
> light reflector which is pointed at the coco3.

"Bluetooth" encompasses several classes of device and several
different versions of the spec.

Typical Class 2 devices such as mice and keyboards will have a usable
range of several feet.  However, Class 1 devices do indeed have a
specified range of 100 meters (or about 300 feet), and many bt serial
adapters are of this class.  Realistically you're probably going to
get maybe 100 feet, not 300, but it is much farther than you'll get
with a Class 2 device.

-Aaron