[Coco] CoCo Linux Live CD on Android

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jun 6 04:49:26 EDT 2013

On Thursday 06 June 2013 04:38:42 Bill Pierce did opine:

> Ok, I found the bluetooth to db9 adapter online in most parts stores.
> Averaging from $30 - $50
> Range of about 300 ft

300 feet isn't bluetooth.  My coco3 is about 18 feet away, thru the wooden
floor in the basement.  Its works about 30 seconds & gives up using Rogers
bluetooth rs-232 cartridge with a bluetooth dongle plugged into an
extension cable and jury rigged in the focal point of a 10" alu trouble
light reflector which is pointed at the coco3.

None of my wirelsss keyboard/mouse combo's, which are bluetooth, works
beyond about 5 feet.  The receiver dongle for the kit I use on the lathe
has about a 6 foot cable and if I don't have the dongle draped over the
spindle housing so its only 25" or less to either the keyboard or the
mouse, I lose control of the lathe.

300 feet is the range you can get from a household wifi router.  That is
802-11b/c/n range, not bluetooth.