[Coco] Building lwtools and HG NitrOS-9 or NOT was ack

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 5 11:51:26 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 05 June 2013 11:40:53 Robert Gault did opine:

> > I just did a 'make hgupdate', entered my srcfrg PW, and got nothing.
> > What the hell is going on here?
>
> Gene,
>
> You may have been more current than I was. I updated yesterday or the
> day before. Updating this morning saw massive changes.

I am not, in fact I can recall only 2 times of ever seeing an hg update
actually done.  Perhaps 2 weeks ago, unforch, I don't get dates from the
repo here, but dates its created on my system, which is less than helpful
when trying to define  this for troubleshooting.

Curious, I moved to my home/src directory and did a fresh clone yesterday,
so I should have a whole new, uptodate tree.  Nothing in either repo image
is newer than the middle of may.  None of those makefile fixes are
appearing here, and the local home dir version doesn't build.  Missing
makefiles, old style defs names, you name it, there is probably an example
in my last clone from yesterday.

> That being said, I personally strongly dislike HG and much prefer CVS or
> SVN. Well that's mostly the result of my dial-up service where I can
> deal with individual files using SVN but seem to be forced to deal with
> the entire repository using HG.

I'm with you on this one Robert, running hg is so murky, and the man page
is too little help as its 6 pages long and has so many un-explained options
as to be worthless.  You can't find the tree for all that forest.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Save energy: be apathetic.