[Coco] ack!

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jun 3 11:00:31 EDT 2013

On Monday 03 June 2013 10:49:17 Gene Heskett did opine:

> On Monday 03 June 2013 10:00:18 Boisy Pitre did opine:
> > For some reason my emails are not getting through to the server.
> >
> > The makefiles and defsfile has been fixed. Please do an hg pull and hg
> > update on the lwtools-port branch. I fixed those yesterday and
> > confirmed level3 now assembles.
> >
> > Merci,
> > Boisy
>
> That did not get me anything for that lwtools-port branch.
>
> Can we get rid of the root user requirement?  I wear out the chown -R
> command switching the trees user:group around all the time so I can work
> on it as me.
>
> There are also some remaining ifp1's giving lwasm a tummy ache, but I
> haven't located them yet.
>
> Cheers, Gene

Boisy:  The rules.mak is issuing the --6309 flag to every instance of lwasm
being run.  So some of the 6809 stuff isn't being built at all, like level3
for the 6809.  Should this stuff not be in the coco3 and coco3_6309
makefiles instead?

This is it as is:
AS              = lwasm --6309 --format=os9 --
pragma=pcaspcr,nosymbolcase,condundefzero,undefextern,dollarnotlocal --
includedir=. --includedir=$(DEFSDIR)

ASROM           = lwasm --6309 --format=raw --
pragma=pcaspcr,nosymbolcase,condundefzero,undefextern,dollarnotlocal --
includedir=. --includedir=$(DEFSDIR)

ASBIN           = lwasm --6309 --format=decb --
pragma=pcaspcr,nosymbolcase,condundefzero,undefextern,dollarnotlocal --
includedir=. --includedir=$(DEFSDIR)

and it seems to me it should have the CPU= defined in the makefile, and
that this would be more properly written as:
AS	= lwasm --$(CPU) --format=os9 yadda yadda

Thats a bunch of makefiles to fix too, defining the CPU above the --
include=$(NITROS9DIR)/rules.mak line in each.

Shall I proceed?
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
The Hollywood tradition I like best is called "sucking up to the stars."
		-- Johnny Carson
         law-abiding citizens.