[Coco] Retrochallenge -- Micro-C for CoCo

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Wed Jul 31 13:36:03 EDT 2013

> I think John wants a compiler for DECB.
>
> I have tried the gcc6809 and it made a code for DECB and seemed to run
> fine. But gcc is meant for multiple registers processors so the speed
> would
> never be optimal.

Yeah, DECB was one of the targets I had in mind for both my Small C
and my Tiny Pascal projects.

> And why people always ask why ? Do you ask why the mountain climbers climb
> the mountains ?

I didn't ask why, as i said i do compilers because I really like
compilers.  I asked what was wrong with the MicroWare C compiler
because i have seen more than one person here complain about it
but never with any specifics.

bill