[Coco] Drivewire cable - Where to get it?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jul 29 17:36:45 EDT 2013

On Monday 29 July 2013 17:30:25 Fedor Steeman did opine:

> Hi,
>
> I just realized I have HDBDOS 1.2 on a cartridge, so I guess that means
> I can readily use Drivewire. I just need a Drivewire cable going from
> my CoCo's serial port to the computer. However, I cannot seem to be
> able to find where to order such a cable. And what if your computer no
> longer has a serial port, but only USB?
>
> Cheers,
> Fedor

Almost any serial to usb adaptor I have tried works well except the
pl2303's I have, they have a tendency to drop the first character of a
transfer.  Not 100% of the time, but often enough the error logs when its
listening to my UPS will eventually fill my /var partition on a terrabyte
drive.  But I'm partial to the FDTI versions, they Just Work(TM).

I currently have a 3 foot cable plugged into the bitbanger port, plugged
into the adaptor, which is plugged into a 7 port hub, and a 15 meter
amplified usb extension cable comes up here to be plugged into the
motherboard here.  It all just works.