[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 126, Issue 52

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Mon Jul 22 22:12:19 EDT 2013

Hmm - must've missed that part. That's too bad.

You mentioned Barden's book, and I am sure I have a copy somewhere (?) -
but does it go into the specifics of how to use the GIME, etc in the CoCo 3?

Because that is what I am after. 6809 assembler can't be any more
difficult than any other assembler I have used and abused in the past;
I'm not saying I am an expert or anything, but I do have such
experience. Many years ago, I wrote a graphics library for QBASIC
1.1/QuickBASIC 4.5 called "The Blast! Library" - all the main routines
were done in 80x86 assembler.

The thing is, there seems to be so little out there about how to
properly use the GIME, etc to do things like scrolling, memory copying,
etc - as well as setting up and using the various CoCo 3 graphics
screens and such. What little there is, is scattered across a variety of
articles.

I would love to see a real tutorial on how to write a simple CoCo 3
game; heck, if someone wrote a tutorial on how to make a game of pong or
space invaders using 6809 assembler, on the CoCo 3 screens, that would
likely be more than enough.

Hint, hint...anybody? ;)

Andrew