[Coco] making nitros9 on MinGW

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 19:57:02 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

> Aaron,
> I followed your instructions to the "t".
> Once I enter:
>
> export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/mingw/bin:/bin:/c/Windows/system32:/c/Windows:/c/ProgramFiles/Mercurial"

is there really a space between Program and Files in your path?  there
should be.

> and then:
>
> hg clone http://lwtools.projects.l-w.ca/hg/lwtools
>
> I get:
>
> hg.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point wcsncpy_s could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll
>
> Each cmd was copied and pasted direct from your instructions in the wiki.
>
> So what is my problem?

Unknown. The guide is a work in progress and I appreciate knowing it
did not work.  I have followed the process on a clean (vm) Win8 and an
XP machine so far and both worked fine, but that doesn't even begin to
cover every possible configuration.

Does typing 'hg' at a regular DOS prompt (cmd.exe) work?

What is the path in a brand new MinGW shell before changing it?  To
see type: echo $PATH

The reason we change the path at all is that MinGW by default puts '.'
(the current directory) as the first path entry.  This mimics
Windows/DOS behavior, but it breaks unixy things like the NitrOS9
build process.  make gets all kinds of crazy if current dir is at the
head of the path and you try to build 6809 binaries with the names of
common unix tools :)

Let's figure it out and improve the guide