[Coco] 4 drive system

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Wed Jul 17 17:49:34 EDT 2013

Another issue; Disk Extended Basic (DEB) did not leave the space in the ROM
for working with more than 4 single sided 35 track 160k drives.  Between the
4 drive select limit and the lack of space for more than one Granule
Allocation Table larger than the standard size, attempts to use 40 track
and/or double sided drives quickly ran into problems.  Operating systems
that allowed the use of 40 tracks and/or double sided disks were not
completely compatible with DEB so your data would get corrupted if you moved
the disks from one system to DEB.

Bruce W.