[Coco] ... and now on Ubuntu 13.04...

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 15:43:30 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 4:04 AM, Bob Devries wrote:
> Well, except for insisting I do the make as root (fails if not), I have a fairly successful build of the three trees. Lwtools and Toolshed compiled fine; no problems (except missing cocofuse in toolshed).

Running make as root is not only begging for trouble, it means you
already have trouble that you should fix before it gets worse :) All
build and compilation should work as a normal user and should
absolutely be done as a normal user. However "make install" might need
superpower if it needs to install binaries to a system location.
Toolshed was recently changed to install to /usr/local/bin. I would
usually run even "make install" as a normal user first, to see what it
tries do to, before running "sudo make install".

Tormod