[Coco] making nitros9 on MinGW

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 18:22:09 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Well, at the suggestion of some members here, I am trying to make nitros9 on
MinGW.

Am I having problems? You betcha!

Some .dsk images are created with the OS9Boot file and the directory
structure, but no files. As well, in one case I looked at; a level1 disk,
the sysgo was corrupt in the OS9Boot file.

I built both lwtools and toolshed (build/unix) from the mercurial trees as
per the instructions on the wiki. Both appeared to compile with no problems.

I get instances like this (copied from the make output):

cd cmds; os9 copy -o=0 ../nos96809l1v030209deluxe_dw.dsk,CMDS
os9 attr -q -pe -npw -pr -e -w -r

It's obvious (to me) that there's a part of the command missing in both of
the above lines. The copy should have a source file after -o=0 and the attr
command should have the .dsk filename with (I assume) the directory and
filename appended.

I'm tearing out what little is left of my hair! ;)

Can someone tell me what's going wrong. I'm sure there's others who have
done this on MinGW.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia