[Coco] make case sensitive?

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 10:43:24 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Bill Pierce wrote:

> Tormod, If it's an SD card image, then it needs it's own extension. Using "dsk" is decieving and starts long drawn out threads on the list that never seem to go away... Just when you think it's safe to read the list again.... they come back!!
> Seriously, If this is the case, then another extension really needs to be used. I know I've seen some SD images as "img" even though this can be confusing as well since that's used for quite a number of things.
> "sdi", "cfc", "cfd" ???
> Even using "vhd": would be better as it would better describe the media.
>
> BUT... I don't think this is the case here as I can read the "dsk" in the floppy drive slot on Vcc. I don't think you can do that on an SD or CF image as it would be partitioned and would not read as a floppy.
> The "sdc" dsk seems to be a normal (but oversized) disk image.

That image is for use with the CoCo SDC hardware which is an SD Card
controller.  The extension should probably be changed to something
else since it is not a floppy image but more like a virtual hard disk.

The image files are stored on a FAT-formatted SD card. The controller
firmware does not care about the extension, it merely requires that
the file size be a multiple of 256 bytes.  Images that are 720K or
smaller are considered to be floppies and could have 1 or 2 sides.
Images larger than 720K use an LBA access mode.

Darren