[Coco] To NitrOS-9 developers: Errors in build

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jul 14 19:57:12 EDT 2013

On Sunday 14 July 2013 19:56:21 Tormod Volden did opine:

> Hi,
> I won't have time to work more on the nitros9 builds for the next
> weeks. I am also done with the low-hanging fruit that I can fix
> without knowing nitros9 code and history.
>
> The build.log reveals a few issues left. I usually do a grep -B1
> ":.*error" on it to get an overview of errors, in addition to search
> for "Error". Just searching for "error" gives too many hits on the
> actual file called error :)
>
> - Many targets want to copy "ccbkrn". Revision 2655 removed ccbkrn,
> from what I can see in the "hg log". Is it something that should be
> put back? Otherwise all references to it should be cleaned out.
>
> - The Dragon builds are broken. It references an "acia51" file that is
> not there (serial port driver I guess). There are also some other
> errors.
>
> Apart from that there are not many errors left. More can be broken
> without giving build errors though :)
>
> On MingW lots is broken, it ends up with 100 (out of 185 on Linux)
> items in the dsks folder, of which many probably is incomplete. "os9
> copy" from toolshed seems to have some issues on Windows. I believe
> Bob saw the same issues on Cygwin and I guess it is in general the
> same brokenness on Cygwin as on MingW.
>
> Best regards and happy coding,
> Tormod

Thanks for the help Tormod, it was very much appreciated.  Please come back
when you can.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Anybody that wants the presidency so much that he'll spend two years
organising and campaigning for it is not to be trusted with the office.
		-- David Broder
         law-abiding citizens.