[Coco] New Updates on my Cocopedia Web Page

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sun Jul 14 19:08:42 EDT 2013

Hi Guys,

It has been awhile since I have been able to write an email message to this
list as I have been very busy learning the Eagle software package.  I am
starting to update my Cocopedia web page at
http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon with my adventures with
Eagle - the Schematic entry and PCB design software.  I will be detailing
various projects I have been working on during the course of learning Eagle.
It has been quite a journey.

I will soon be making a PCB for Grant Searle's 6-Chip 6809 Single Board
Computer (SBC).  If you have any interest in this project, please send me an
email.  You can also consult the above web page for further details.

I am in the beginning stages of designing a complete modular 68B09/63C09
based computer system where all I/O can be "dialed up".  I'm endeavoring to
create hardware that is compatible with both SWTPC software and Color
Computer software via various configurable plug-in modules.  As I am in the
beginning stages of the design, the hardware is not compatible yet.

I have created my own BUS called the KIPPER BUS with a 22 bit Address Bus in
the specification.  I intend to give my KIPPER Computer up to 2MBs of ram
later on, but in the beginning stages of the design, I'm just using 64KBs of
the Address Space in the Specification.  As there are so many cards to
design, I'm not supporting the upper 6 bits of the address bus specification
yet.  That will come later as I begin to make it more compatible with the
Coco 3 memory map as well.

I also want to eventually give the Kipper Computer full multiprocessing
capability with up to five microprocessors.  I will eventually be updating
the Kipper Bus Specification with the necessary signals as soon as I figure
them all out.

I will be updating my wiki web page with the details of this project soon.
I'm beginning the update with my adventures with the Eagle Schematic Entry
and PCB Design Software package first.  I will also be detailing the various
projects I have been playing with during the course of learning the
excellent EAGLE software package.

You can consult my web page at
http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon for further information.

If you have any positive thoughts on this project, please send them to me
via my email address.

Thanks guys in advance.

Kip