[Coco] Disk sizes was make case sensitive?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jul 14 14:16:26 EDT 2013

Aaron,
Yes, the FD drivers are a part of most boots. The point is, you can not simply "download" a nitros9 boot disk and have a finished working system. You will ALWAYS have to make a boot. And for the "average" user, that's no small task.
I've been working on an automated bootdisk creation program, for nitros9 and I've really began to see why there's so much confussion in making a boot. In developing this software, I've built a "dependacy tree" which displays all modules (known) and what modules they depend on. It's a bowl of spagetti with no sauce and no ends... just continuous noodles.
I'm trying to include all the known "normal" drivers so the user can create a bootdisk from scratch just by selecting the system (6809, 6309, L1, L2, etc), components of their system and media type (dw, floppy, hd, becker etc).
I hope to be adding a way to not only create the boot but to install it on an hdbdos partion right from OS9 (thanks to Robert Gault).
This software was born from the frustration of making boots for others and also as a request by Nick Marentes for the same reasons.
If this piece of software ever comes together, it will end all the boot confuusion and make OS9 much easier to deal with...... Of course I'll eventually mke it a DW4Man module as well :-)

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com