[Coco] vacant ramblings....

Simon Jonassen simon at roust-it.dk
Thu Jul 11 14:11:45 EDT 2013

Hi again...

I have hooked my 1541-II up to an old dos based pc via a passive cable and
some clever software...

It works a treat, I have transferred disk images to and from the PC no
problem at all....

AFAICR the 1541 works with 1 bit serial transfer... (I made an interrupt
driven load routine many moons ago that utilised the ACK line so as to
provide 2 bit transfer....)

We have to remember that the 1541 is an intelligent drive with it's own 6502
processor.... So it can handle alot of the overhead.....

Just my 2 cents

/Simon :-)