[Coco] vacant ramblings....

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Thu Jul 11 10:35:42 EDT 2013

I've considered the same sort of thing (though using a tandy model
100/200 floppy drive) because if you could figure out the protocol used
over the serial connection, then you could write floppy control code for
both the coco (using serial port) and PC (again using a serial port.)
At that point you could plug the drive into your PC, copy files onto
disk/etc, then plug it into coco and read them back off again -- would
be kind of neat to have a hardware device that could be used directly by
both coco and pc.

But like a lot of ideas along these lines, I always come back to "yeah,
but drivewire is soooo much easier."  It's a laziness issue.

-RobertH