[Coco] NitrOS-9 new snapshot build [WAS: Setting up the /IH descriptor]

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 02:37:28 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Tormod Volden wrote:
>> > RAM. Note to self and fixme: On a clean hg pull do "mkdir dsks"
>> > otherwise os9 dies in infinite recursion and buffer overflow.
>>
>> This issue, which I later found that other people also have mentioned
>> on the list, was due to a bug in the os9 dsave utility, I have
>> modified the code to not use dsave.
>>
>> It was not related to the "mkdir dsks" bug but I have fixed that also
>> now.
>
> Tormod, If you are referring to dsave bailing out when mkdir returns a 218,

Nope, I was referring to the recursion that you mentioned here:
http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2013-June/069056.html

> I fixed that in mkdir a good 2 or 3 years ago.  Get the fixed one from my
> site in the sig.  Since that fix has not to my knowledge, been incorporated

I believe you are talking about the "makdir" 6809 binary in os9. No,
that one is not used during cross-building. I was talking about the
"os9" command from toolshed, which is run on the host computer.

> into the nitros9 repo, I would certainly appreciate it if it was.  As is,
> the broken mkdir gets replaced with every new pull of nitros9 regardless of
> the choice of cvs or hg.  Please put it into the repo so it propagates out
> to everyone and be done with it.

If you don't have commit access, or want to have it peer reviewed
before committing, please post a patch to the bug or discussion
tracker on the nitros9 sourceforge site. BTW, forget about cvs, it is
all hg now. The old cvs repo is still there for historical purposes
but is not being updated.

Cheers,
Tormod