[Coco] NitrOS-9 new snapshot build [WAS: Setting up the /IH descriptor]

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 18:47:22 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Bill Pierce wrote:
> No NitrOS-9 nightly builds that I know of. The last one done was by David Ladd back in Januaury.
>  We need someone with access that can successfully build the repo that also knows the cmds for the nightly build (something about a "burst" cmd?), who can take the time to at least do a weekly build. Even a monthly build would be better than what we have now.
> The NitrOS-9 repo hasn't been built regularly for over 4 or 5 years. It's only being done when someone finally get's sick of getting bad disks.

I built and uploaded a snapshot now: http://www.nitros9.org/latest/

If anything is terribly broken, David's older build is still available
under http://www.nitros9.org/latest-201301/ but please report any bugs
or problems! Reports might get lost here on the list so
http://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/bugs/ is the preferred venue.

> I would do it but my cygwin errors, saying it's out of resources (on a 4 gig AMD quadcore??). Also, I don't have upload access (and do not want it for now).

For information, building took 6 minutes on a Pentium M1.6 with 2GB
RAM. Note to self and fixme: On a clean hg pull do "mkdir dsks"
otherwise os9 dies in infinite recursion and buffer overflow.

Regards,
Tormod