[Coco] SuperIDE and CF Cards

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 22:50:40 EDT 2013

Gustavo's email said:
...I DDed the first 200MB of both cards and diffed the files. No difference.

Not a single bit. I really don1`t know what is happening. The SuperIDE and the
computer works fine. I tried on a tandy 2 and a tandy 3. WIth the
original card, it works very well. I almost cried playing Marble Maze after
more than 20 years :-).

I'm having the same type of problem. I purchased 3 brand new SanDIsk 256mb
CF cards for the express purpose of backing up the original CF card from
 Cloud9.
The IDEPROBE.BAS file shows a different head/sector count for each of them
and they are all differernt from the original CF card.\U have used Aaron's
Sidewalk utility * and other WinXP applications( to create a backup image
of the original card in the hope of installing it on a backup card, but all
to no avail.

Mark just shared that he uses WinHex so that's what I will try next to make
a functioning backup of the original CF card.

In my opinion (have no facts, just an opinion) that Aaron's utility will
only work when you 'restore' a image back to the original card it was made
from, as opposed to restoring on a different CF card.