[Coco] NitrOS9 boot debug info

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jul 7 21:23:49 EDT 2013

Bob,
>From what I'm reading, krnp2 puts the "2" & "X", then tries to load the module listed in the init module (usually /dd). This puts the "o", which in your boot, is after your "t", the "t" shouldn't be there, unless something new was added since the document was written. I would think to look into init and see what it's got as the default drive and check for duplicates. Something is being accessed before /dd (or whatever) as that's where it's erroring. It should be "i2xoC" on success according the document I have.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Sun, Jul 7, 2013 8:38 pm
Subject: [Coco] NitrOS9 boot debug info

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to put a OS9Boot file onto a CF card for a SuperIDE
system.

The boot loads; all the modules show up on the boot screen, but the process
stops with "i2Xto*W". Now the *W would indicate ERROR 215 - Bad Path Name,
but I don't know what the "t" refers to.

Here's the OS9Boot contents:

18 $C0 $90F0DB . KrnP2
13 $C1 $91E94D . IOMan
1 $C0 $F2B90D . Init
37 $D1 $117D09 . RBF
16 $D1 $3EBC30 . CDF
67 $F1 $8B9B6B . IC1
4 $E1 $6FD26F . rbdw3
22 $21 $3BA002 . dw3
82 $F1 $DDABA0 . X0
82 $F1 $D0AFC0 . X1
82 $F1 $C7A360 . X2
82 $F1 $CAA700 . X3
0 $E1 $A16AD0 . RBSuper
22 $21 $EE7811 . llide
82 $F1 $B17D37 . I0
82 $F1 $2247AF . DD
1 $E1 $27E164 . rb1773
82 $F1 $46CF83 . D0
82 $F1 $B3CBA2 . D1
82 $F1 $BF6E4C . D2
18 $D1 $B695B6 . SCF
2 $E1 $835C83 . VTIO
4 $C1 $CF4A25 . KeyDrv
3 $C1 $918510 . SndDrv
7 $C1 $A4C5CC . JoyDrv
2 $C1 $7D5AEE . CoGrf
83 $F1 $012B5D . Term
83 $F1 $3B6153 . W
83 $F1 $A9B825 . W1
83 $F1 $6A4A21 . W2
83 $F1 $4820E4 . W3
83 $F1 $EDD571 . W4
83 $F1 $2085DE . W5
83 $F1 $BE6732 . W6
83 $F1 $7CE8AB . W7
83 $F1 $D8A2AB . W8
83 $F1 $355C4D . W9
83 $F1 $EF9F26 . W10
83 $F1 $86F664 . W11
83 $F1 $BF0130 . W12
83 $F1 $D7EA1E . W13
83 $F1 $CE2D25 . W14
83 $F1 $82760E . W15
1 $E1 $399C69 . scdwp
83 $F1 $2DB32C . p
5 $D1 $54384A . PipeMan
2 $E1 $895C5F . Piper
80 $F1 $D512FB . Pipe
9 $C1 $24C743 . Clock
1 $21 $420BDB . Clock2

SysGo, startup and grfdrv are all correct regarding attributes and location,
and their CRC are good. The OS9Boot file is less than $8000 bytes ($75CB).

I hope someone will say "Have you tried this"?

Regards, Bob DEvries
Dalby, QLD, Australia