[Coco] DriveWire issues with Coco 1 F/285 Board

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 11:20:30 EDT 2013

Hi I already tested the DSK you sent me. Also I use an hdbdos built from
toolshed.

My problem seems to be on Drivewire server side. I need to set: ReadDelay =
1 and WriteByteDelay = 0 to have it properly working.

I don't know about the speed cause i've never seem it running on a coco1
but it seems to run fine now.

Could it be related to the USB dongle I'm using is unknown, one thing is
for sure: my DriveWire is pretty unstable even with coco2 or 3. Often it
will get error reading and I need to restart the DW.

I didn't test on coco2 and 3 after setting the two parameters above. On
coco1 it seemed to not have any error reads so far.

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

> Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
>
>> unfortunately the 741C is one of the few soldered IC's in my board :(
>>

> I'm getting into this thread rather late but here are my results.
>
> I have a Coco1 26-3004A that I believe to be an F-board. It does have the
> 741 for U3. I have no problems using Drivewire4 and can run NitrOS-9 from
> noos96809L1coco1_dw.dsk, which ought to be a very good test.
>
> While there may be differences in the Coco1 models 26-3002A/3A/4A, I'd bet
> that they all will work with the correct Drivewire HDBDOS ROM image.
>
> Luis, would you like me to e-mail you a ROM image in LOADM format to test
> with your Coco1?
>
> Robert

Long live the CoCo