[Coco] Follow Me -- a clone of 'Simon' for the Tandy Color Computer

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu Jan 31 19:31:57 EST 2013

For those of you not on Facebook (or for those that haven't 'liked'
the "TRS-80 / Color Computer" page there), you might not be aware of
my recent CoCo developments...

I have recently released "Follow Me", a clone of the 80's-era 'Simon'
game targeted at the Tandy Color Computer.  The game can be controlled
using the 'W', 'E', 'S', and 'D' keys to choose the colors/tones
for playback.  Source code (for the mamou assembler) is available,
as are a LOADM'able BIN file and a CLOADM'able wav file for playback
on a computer (or cell phone, etc).

	http://retrotinker.blogspot.com/

The code supports both the CoCo and Dragon keyboards.  I tested the
game on my Tano Dragon, where it seems to run as well as on my TDP-100
(i.e. CoCo1).  It should work on the CoCo3 as well, but I have not
confirmed that.

FWIW, the game also supports my (afaik) one-of-a-kind rotary controller
for the CoCo.  Read farther back in the blog referenced above for
more information about that!

Thanks,

John