[Coco] The Strangest thing just happened?!?

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sun Jan 27 17:45:33 EST 2013

Mike,
Oh really!  I was trying to get a new USB 2.0 to Ethernet cable to access
the Ethernet through my laptop so when I'm out somewhere at a WiFi Hot Spot,
I can plug up any kind of Ethernet  device, another laptop, hub, switch,
etc., I might need out in the field when an Ethernet jack is not available.
Initially, I plan on using a credit card machine over Ethernet which works
just fine on home on my cisco 3500 48 port switch.  I had no success, so I
unplugged it not realizing that when I shared my internet connection on my
internal Ethernet port to give my Ethernet port on the usb cable internet
capability, I had actually shut off my internal GBe Ethernet port.  Thanks
for pointing that out.  Any ideas on how to "see" the internet on my "2nd"
Ethernet port?  Will just giving it a unique IP address with a default
gateway of my internal Ethernet port do the trick or just the same default
gateway as my internal Ethernet port?  I'll have to experiment/play with
that and see what happens.  Thanks again, Mike.
Kip