[Coco] (repost) Yet another Beta release

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Jan 27 11:21:07 EST 2013

Hi all,
This is for all those who seem to read the list mail intermittently. I'm re posting this in case you missed it.
I've been promising another release of the Sound Chase Multi-Format Music Player
for OS-9/NitrOS-9 and Drivewire4 for quite a while now...
Well here it is. (link below)
In this release, I've squashed quite a few bugs and added some requested
features such as...

Search - The Search function is fully functional now. You can use up 33
characters to search up to 500 songs for any string you want.

List - The List function allows you to create a "list" of songs by just hitting
<ENTER> on any fill to add it to the list and <ENTER> again to remove it. There
is a view window to list the selected songs and the order of selection with a
few cmd option available there.

Save Default Options - Now you can save your options such as you music dir, midi
driver, and sound output. When you load Sound Chaser next time, it automatically
loads the settings and you're ready to play. I hope to add the selection list to
this in the future.

Independent - Sound Chaser now no longer requires external programs to run other
than the various players for the different formats. I've written inline routines
for tmode, pwd and dw so Sound Chaser can run with minimal disk activity other
than loading the players and the music. BTW, anyone interested in these C routines please contact me.

Install - I've now included an installer that will copy all the files from /d0
to /dd for you. Just put the disk in /d0 and type "/d0/install". All the files
will be copied to the /dd/cmds directory. If there are any older versions of
Sound Chaser present, they will be automatically deleted.

Menus - I redone a lot of the menus now and almost all menus are functional. I
think there's only 3 or 4 now that need fixing.

Notes:
PLEASE READ THE DOCS INCLUDED IN THE ZIP!!! There is a standard text file in the
zip as well as a "doc" file on the dsk. Instructions for use of all the commands
are there.

REQUIREMENTS:

Coco 3 w/OS-9 - NitrOS-9
512k, Sound Chaser requires the full 512k to run. 128k -256k will give ERROR 207 (Not enough memory)
Windint (OS9) or CoWin (NitrOS9) must be installed as your /term driver. Sound Chaser will not run from a VDG (32 col) screen.
Hard Drive or DW VHD preferred. Sound Chaser will run from floppy but the number of songs is limited to disk size

MIDI: One or more of the following are required for the Midi players (Ultimuse 3 ".ume", Lyra ".lyr" & Standard Midi ".mjid")
/MIDI decsriptor and a MIDI driver for user configured midi setup with connection to Midi keyboard or sound source
Serial to Midi cable for Serial Midi connection to Midi keyboard or sound source
DriveWire 4 (on PC), /MIDI dw4 descriptor and DW4 serial cable for DW4 Midi sound from the PC (No Midi keyboard required)
Speech Systems/Rulaford Research/Glenside MidiPak & Midi Keyboard or sound source

Sound/Wavetable Music: (Musica, Orch90, B&W 2, Sound Samples)
Coco 6-bit Sound: Monitor with Coco sound or Coco audio out connected to amplifier
Orchestra 90 Pak: All wavetable music/sound can be configured (in stereo) to use the Orch90 pak through an amplifier
Speech Systems Stereo: This has not been tested. but thought to work

As usual... please let me know of any complaints, bugs or suggestions

Site Link:
https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/sound-chaser
Direct File Link
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23059963/Sound%20Chaser/Sound%20Chaser%203.0.zip