[Coco] The Strangest thing just happened?!?

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sun Jan 27 02:50:03 EST 2013

Hi All,

My Local Area Connection aka GBe Ethernet port on my laptop in Windows 7 was
just set to 192.168.137.1 instead of being DHCP - all by itself?!?.  I've
been offline for about a half hour or so when I figured out what was
happening.  I sure am glad I'm very computer savvy!  What does the non-savvy
people do when things mess up?  I wish more people would call me!  That
reminds me when I was in high school, we had an ASR-33 Teletype with paper
tape reader and punch connected over a 300 Baud acoustic coupled modem to a
DEC PDP8e Mini-computer running Basic!  By the time I could take the Basic
class, I knew more than the other kids in class.  J  I loved it.  WOW! Those
were the days when I was just born to computers and I was having a ball.
When we logged on to the teletype, the opening MOTD said, "To Err Is Human,
To Forgive Devine, But To Really Foul Things Up Requires A Computer."  I
will always remember that MOTD.  Ahhhhhhh!  J  One night the time was about
6pm and I was plowing away on the teletype, and suddenly in walks my mother!
She came to get me!  She was angry, because what had happened, unbeknownst
to me, the high school was closed and everybody had gone home!  HAHAHAHAHA!
My mom had to find a janitor and get him to unlock the school so she could
get me and bring me home.  That was the first time something had ever come
between me and FOOD!  J   Computers are about the ONLY thing that still
comes between me and food.  They actually make me forget about eating, then
all of the sudden - Bam - I'm starving!  J  Well, See you guys later.

Kip