[Coco] Ethernet Port Cartridge for the Coco 3

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sun Jan 27 00:22:53 EST 2013

James Dessart is or was working on an Ethernet port for the coco using an
AVR ATmega8.
http://skwirl.com/coco/ethernet/

>From the TRS-80 Color Computer page on Wikipedia:
"There is also a prototype Ethernet interface for the Color Computer,
displaying a board layout date of 1984, and a few other mystery boards that
have yet to be examined. There is some evidence that Tandy killed the
Ethernet interface at the last minute: an ad mentioning the networking
options for some of Tandy's Z80-based computers claimed that the Color
Computer would soon have networking capabilities, and the printed manual for
an upgraded version of OS-9 Level One listed networking in the table of
contents, but had no corresponding text in the body of the manual."

Jim's Color Computer Projects - MultiMedia Card interface and IDE interface
drivers, CoCo Ethernet, information and photos. Jim Hathaway
http://www.hat3.net/

I perused these sites, but I'm not sure if James Dessart ever finished it
nor did I see any plans.  Also I did not find any Ethernet adapter mentioned
(so far) on Jim Hathaway's site.  It could be buried somewhere and I just do
not know where.

Thought I'd spur some interest again in getting a Ethernet running.
Kip