[Coco] Ethernet Port Cartridge for the Coco 3

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 22:04:59 EST 2013

I've never seen ethernet for a coco.  At the fest I've seen what
looked like a prototype ARCnet interface (10base2) but the word there
was that nobody is exactly sure what it implements.

Getting an ethernet port wired up to a coco would be challenging.
Actually doing anything with it would be much more so, since there
isn't any software (yet).  I've approached a few different 'hardware
guys' about putting together an ethernet interface + one of the
small/cheap TCP/IP stacks on a chip, since that would at least get us
something new applications could use without first having to write a
low level networking stack.  Nobody has done much along those lines
yet that I know of.