[Coco] MESS patch for SuperIDE LBA Mode

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 07:44:50 EST 2013

Hi people,

Had plenty of time this weekend so i decided to implement the Super
IDE in LBA mode for mess.

Now you can get a stock HDBLBA.ROM (port FF50, offset 052ddc) and your
256 MB CF card image and run it straight in the MESS. No more emu
drivers for nos9 it runs the cf image out of the box. The only thing
is missing the the RTC as I don't have info about it, so I changed the
clock to clock2_soft for the nitros images.

Included are the windows 32-bit binary, hdblba.rom and cf image I use:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ly05ytgt2xn7yq3/mess-patch-superIDE-LBA-mode.zip

Enjoy

PS: how to emulate the RTC ? I know it's port FF7C but the
clock2_ds1315.asm doesn't give much info about it.

--
Long live the CoCo