[Coco] IMPORTANT NitrOS9 Level1 for Drivewire sic HDBDOS Drivewire

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Sun Jan 6 12:48:38 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

> I've found that the same logic errors in the conditionals of dwread.asm
> and dwwrite.asm present in Toolshed/hdbdos are present in
> nitros9/level1/modules dwread.asm and dwwrite.asm.

Robert, I also found in the dwwrite.asm file two sections of IFNE H6309-1
not just one.  So that was probably also a BIG killer right there.  I
removed that section of duplicated code and label.  Though before doing so
I did verify that the duplication was exact :D

After that I changed the H6309-1 to just H6309 and then moved the real 6309
code into that area and moved the 6809 57600bps code down to the default
ELSE section.  As far as the dwread.asm file I moved the 6809 57600bps code
down to the default "else" section as well and put the 6309 code into the
H6309 area after removing the -1 from it.  So the code should be all happy
now.

I also corrected the dw4write.asm and dw4read.asm files to reflect that
logic.

I did a test compile and I didn't get any compiler errors related to the
drivewire stuff.  Only thing I can test right now is the becker stuff with
VCC and xroar.  I will need someone to test the most current coco1, coco2,
coco3, and coco3_6309 dw builds.

The newest nightly build zip and files are up on the website for testing
with these changes.

The other nice thing this change will add is that when someone is looking
for the 6309 code in the dwread.asm, dwwrite.asm, dw4read.asm, dw4write.asm
they can more easily find it.  I was always doing searches for the H6309
and kept getting the H6309-1 which kept throwing me for a loop since that
area actually had 6809 code.  So should at least make things a bit easier.

Thanks,

Dave