[Coco] Suppose, for a moment, I were to make some changes to HDB-DOS.

T. Franklin tim at franklinlabs.com
Fri Jan 4 15:59:22 EST 2013

What language are you writing in? It matters. If it's DECB you can used the CLEAR statement and put the stack lower and use the memory from $7fff to the top of the stack pointer. If it's assemblers/machine language, put it where ever you want as the lower memory is defined by DECB and would become undefined when you execute your assembly. program. If you are using assembly function calls while in DECB just let the assembler assign the location relative to your program. If it's only a few bytes then there shouldn' be a problem letting the assembler assign the location. It will put it near the program it's self as long as you don't use the ORG directive.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!!