[Coco] Suppose, for a moment, I were to make some changes to HDB-DOS.

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Fri Jan 4 15:56:32 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Juan Castro <jccyc1965 at gmail.com> wrote:

> And suppose I needed a new low RAM variable to store a setting for a new
> functionality I'm writing.
>
> What would be the best course of action? I imagine page 0 must be
> completely full, but there's that DECB variable area where graphics page 0
> used to be. It's just a couple of bytes.

Well for compatibility with programs that already know that area is
reserved for DECB changing HDBDOS to use a dif area might break that, yes?

Though two bytes you might be able to reserve two bytes at the end of the
HDBDOS variable table?  Would have to look to see if anything had already
been reserved for future upgrades or not.