[Coco] MCC-216

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 17:31:53 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> DriveWire is great, but ideally we still need something with full compatibility.
> RGB-DOS/HDB-DOS/B&B etc. cannot work with all software. Emulation of an
> FD1773 (or whatever it is) floppy controller that then turns in to SD storage
> would still be best.

FWIW, Drivewire on Gary's CoCo3FPGA does provide full compatibility
with regular old DECB.  The CoCo does not "know" it's using DW at all.
 Gary implemented a standard FDC/1773 for the CoCo to talk to and the
translation of requests to DW is behind the scenes.

I'd imagine the same approach could be used with the SD card.